Hao Jie In-Holiday Syndrome | Chan's Kingdom
SD Wing Zero Custom is done! Click here to check it out!

Ad 468 X 60

built of paper.

Sunday, June 02, 2013

Widgets

In-Holiday Syndrome

Hi guys! I am now in a 4 months long holiday after my graduation from KMM. Since then, my Facebook is spammed with messages like ' I am bored to death' ,' What am I going to do now? So boring!' etc. You get it.

 Oh really?

Somehow, I am 'sparked' by these messages. They were the one who told me how eager they were for these holiday to come, what were their plannings and now, you are telling me you have nothing to do?

I had come across this situation a few times, since I had several 'short-term' holiday before this. Same thing happened. 'I am growing mushrooms on myself' appeared on my Facebook wall as well.

I don't know why would that lead myself to a confusion: what is the holiday for, in the first place?



I am still believing that a holiday is meant for us to rest, to be prepared for the next journey, which often would be tougher. So, use the time to rest! Why posts of ' I have no activity for this evening, somebody helps me!' would spam my wall, over and over again?

Besides, even if you really have rested enough, don't you have other things to do? Don't tell me you don't have one, it's a  lie. Procrastination is okay to maintain our tiny and weak mental balance, but being procrastinating and posting to Facebook about how you are procrastinating at the same time? I think this is the main reason why am I so against these messages.

I have a huge To-Do list myself. From Going-To-Watch dramas, movies, animes, to Things-I-Planned-To-Do-Since-I-Don't-Know-When Haha, it's endless I know, but I would never say that I have nothing to do, because I know there IS always something for me to do , just that I am waiting to be offered a chance to go to KopiTiam.

Hehe, I created a lame name for the 'disease', I 'll call it the In-Holiday Syndrome. I don't even know if it is grammatically correct, I'll just use it anyway. Oh, and it's still open for suggestions.

To end this post, to those who are still saying 'I am bored to death' , just stay in your house and accompany your family members. Spend more time with them. We would not know when will they leave us forever. Do it now and don't regret it later. At least that's what I am going to do.

p/s: note that this is all my personal opinion. I see myself as a weird person, having some weird thoughts, so do share with me if you have the opposite view about this matter, I would love to understand the logic behind these messages too.

SHARE THIS POST   

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Myspace
  • Google Buzz
  • Reddit
  • Stumnleupon
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Technorati
Author: Chan HJ
An enthusiast in papercraft. Paper model designing sounds fun too! More about me at my Blog Bio or

0 comments: